Jelled Cranberry Salad

2008-12-25-Christmas-027
  . . . an acquired taste, according to my girls.

6 oz raspberry gelatin powder
3 oz raspberry gelatin powder
5 C water
10-12 oz bag cranberries, coarsely chopped
2 medium navel oranges or 1 big, coarsely chopped
1 c sugar
1 c walnuts, chopped - optional
2 Cups of the frozen tri-berry mix from Costco - optional

I run the oranges and frozen cranberries through my KitchenAid grinder on coarse -- my Cuisinart would probably chop as well. Mix cranberries, oranges, nuts, and sugar. Add the optional berries if you desire. Set aside. Boil 2 C water (which takes about 4 minutes in a microwave) and add to Jell-O. When thoroughly mixed, add 2 cups of cold water.  Stir in fruit mixture. Pour into the serving bowl you're going to use at the table and add whatever part of the last 1 cup of water that your serving bowl will hold and stir lightly.  (I usually add the last cup with the bowl in the refrigerator, so I don't slop red Jell-O onto my floor.) Chill overnight. If desired, top with whipped cream, sliced almonds and a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment