Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes

Garlic Mash

5 lbs unpeeled red potatoes 
6 garlic cloves - diced
1/2 C melted butter
16 oz whole fat sour cream
2 teaspoons salt
1 C grated Parmesan cheese

Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.  Turn down to simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until they are very tender.  Drain and cube potatoes.

Mix everything but the potatoes together, then add potatoes and stir. 

Because I prepare a ton of food for Christmas, I like to do it ahead and freeze it.  2019 was the first year for these potatoes and everything I read said that once mashed, they’d freeze well.  When the outer layer was thawed, I tried a spoonful.  Awful texture.  I let them continue to thaw, poured off the water they’d shed, reheated in the microwave, and then gave them a good stir.  Fabulous!  Thank heavens because Christmas morning is not the best time to be working on a replacement side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment