Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkinpancakesmed
I found this recipe on the Libby's site this morning. The first batch went into the trash and then I added milk to thin the batter. As I was typing this I realized I had added 11 oz. instead of 4 oz. of pureed pumpkin. Oops. Next time I'll actually read the recipe. They were delicious -- much like pumpkin pie in the middle, but not as sweet. Maple syrup is a must.

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice *see recipe below
1 teaspoon salt
1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 large egg
2 tablespoons light olive oil
** I added a 1/2 C milk as the batter was too thick, but then I had added too much pumpkin, so decide for yourself.

Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl. Combine evaporated milk, pumpkin, water, egg and 2 tablespoons oil in small bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened; batter may be lumpy.

Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat (350º if it has a gauge); spray with Pam. Pour batter onto hot griddle; cook until bubbles begin to burst. Turn and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.

*Recipe for pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice

No comments:

Post a Comment